More text

Nothing says "I Love You, Dear" like screaming lower back pain!

Sometimes Wrong but rarely in doubt!

12 March 2010

Interview with Toni Weisskopf

This interview is well worth the read.  Ms. Weisskopf talks about Baen's successful ebook marketing at low prices.

http://www.teleread.org/2010/03/11/interview-toni-weisskopf-publisher-of-baen-books/

The best remark Ms. Weisskopf makes in the interview is this:

Well, part of the “secret” there is that we don’t pay for expensive DRM (“digital rights management”) schemes. I’ve never understood why we should add to our costs with the sole outcome that it’s harder for readers to buy and read the books we want to sell. On the contrary, I want to make it as easy as possible for my readers to find, purchase and read my books. That goal influences every publishing decision I make from our marketing to what typefaces we use.
In that vein, hie thee to the Baen Free Library and Webscriptions and try an ebook or two.  I've found both places useful and I've purchased a fair number of ebooks from webscriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite and erudite comments by