More text

Nothing says "I Love You, Dear" like screaming lower back pain!

Sometimes Wrong but rarely in doubt!

12 October 2010

Mowing the Frikkin' Lawn

I'm fortunate in that the old man (Dad) gave Mrs Bugbear and I his old Cub Cadet riding lawnmower.  It need a few small repairs, mostly torn metal on the mower deck from Dad hitting stumps or old fence post that had been cut-off almost flush with the ground.  So on Thursday after doing the requisite welding and putting the mower deck back on the riding tractor I set out to mow the lawn. 

I finished mowing the lawn Saturday afternoon.

Okay, I exaggerate by leaving out some details.  It took about three and ahalf hours to mow the lawn and I used more gas in one mowing than I used all summer at the old house.  Mind you at the old house it took about 15 minutes to mow the lawn and I was generally doing the neighbour's front lawn as well.

The acreage is nice, the lawn mowing is necessary chore.  I guess my life will be complete when I own a zero-turn lawnmower and a snow-blower.

4 comments:

  1. Get a horde of sheep. That'll keep your grass trimmed and also serve to ward off invaders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly how would the sheep ward of invaders?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom hasn't told you about killer sheep? Ask him for the tale. Also ask him if he ever got his soul back after Adrian swapped it to Honest Abdul. I can't tell you anything about it because I wasn't there and am in no way responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I regret to inform you that I have no idea what you are speaking of. Therapy is far too costly to waste by revisiting old hallucinations.

    ReplyDelete

Polite and erudite comments by