More text

Nothing says "I Love You, Dear" like screaming lower back pain!

Sometimes Wrong but rarely in doubt!

12 March 2012

Taurus 66B6

This was an IDPA Practice weekend and one of the guys brought out a Taurus Model 66B6.  This is a medium frame .357 Magnum revolver, blued with a seven shot cylinder.  It's a great shooter, my groups at ten yards were consistently about 2" shooting from a two handed isosceles stance in both single and double action.  The fit and finish seemed very good and the trigger broke cleanly when I was shooting in single action.  We shot .38 special and .357 Magnum loads.  Unloading the spent .357 brass was quite a bit harder than the .38 brass and the owner indicated that he generally used a bit of lube on the .357 brass to ease unloading but hadn't on the factory ammo he and I had shot.  My course of fire times were so much better even with the never-sufficiently-damned speedloaders that I may have to convert to shooting a revolver for IDPA.

The down side is that it kicks quite a bit more than my 9mm automatic.  Also feeding the pig would be considerably more expensive, especially when your shooting four to five thousand rounds a year. The cylinder rotates counter-clockwise which I find subtly wrong since I'm used to my Colt 1860.    Overall I really liked the gun and I may consider buying one after Mrs. McBugbear returns to work and there's a new roof on the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite and erudite comments by