More text

Nothing says "I Love You, Dear" like screaming lower back pain!

Sometimes Wrong but rarely in doubt!

13 October 2011

Irish Traditional Cooking: Champ

Darina Allen
ISBN 978-1904920113

I bought a new Irish cookbook this week.  Since I'm about half to three-quarters Scots-Irish  I thought it would be interesting to try cooking some Irish dishes.  The very first recipe I tried last night was Champ, mashed potatoes with boiled milk and onions.  It was surprisingly tasty despite the blandness of the ingredients.  As I discussed this latest culinary adventure with my boss this morning we both had the same comment, Champ would be really good using leeks.

If you want to make a foray into Irish cooking I heartily recommend Darina Allen's Irish Traditional Cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite and erudite comments by