More text

Nothing says "I Love You, Dear" like screaming lower back pain!

Sometimes Wrong but rarely in doubt!

03 February 2011

Flat-bread!

Yesterday turned out to be a snow day for the McBugbear clan.  I decided to make some bread between bouts of snowblowing the driveway.   Since I was feeling adventurous I decided to try a flat-bread recipe.  Now the recipe called itself flat-bread there was no suggestion in the Middle-eastern name that suggested that I was making pitas.  Imagine my surprise when I threw the bread on the pre-heated pizza stone and the flat-bread puffed up into a pita.

There's nothing quite as good as a pita fresh from the oven.  The next time I make donairs I'm going to repeat the flat bread recipe!




A couple of notes about sourdough pitas, roll them really thin.   A two-inch diameter ball of dough should roll out to a round about 10-12 inches in diameter.  You have to start cooking when the dough has almost doubled in size.  You are depending on the normal 'oven-spring' of the bread to create the pocket in the pita.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite and erudite comments by