More text

Nothing says "I Love You, Dear" like screaming lower back pain!

Sometimes Wrong but rarely in doubt!

04 June 2012

Case Extraction Woes

My STI Spartan doesn't like MFS ammunition.  I generally buy American Eagle or Sellier and Bellot but the last time I went to the gun store all they had was this MFS steel cased Euro-trash crap.  I'd purchased a box of fifty previously and had no problems so I felt reasonably comfortable buying a brick of a thousand rounds when my local drug pusher gun store was out of my usual ammunition.  I found that about one box in three gave me a failure to extract every three or four rounds.

I finally discovered that the problem was dirt.  The MFS ammunition is a bit dirty and if I take the time to laboriously polish each round then I don't have any extraction issues at all.  You can imagine just how happy this makes me.  My local gun shop seems to have issues maintaining a steady supply of 9mm ammo anyway so I guess it's time to start reloading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite and erudite comments by