More text

Nothing says "I Love You, Dear" like screaming lower back pain!

Sometimes Wrong but rarely in doubt!

25 February 2013

Spiritual Boots to the Head

My son is just fifteen months old but I thought it was time to start on the father son bonding experiences.  Most men would get a football out or buy him a puck and hockey stick, I took him to a first to a book store and then to a gaming store.  We even bought a game called Evil Baby Orphanage.

We went to a gaming store catering to the RPG crowd.  Most of the store is comprised of tables for people to set up a game on.  In fact there were a couple of games in progress, what I thought was a D&D game and a game of Full Thrust.  So when I went to the cash to check out one of the gamers at the 'D&D' table jumped up and came to the cash.  Imagine my surprise when the clerk was a young woman.  Woman gamers are as rare as hen's teeth in my experience. I thought I'd see if she really had her gaming chops so I asked her what she and her group were playing and she launched into a very detailed explanation of 'Pathfinder" which is basically D&D 3.75.  She had more gaming mojo than I do and I have to admit to getting a Shakabuku, or a swift spiritual kick to the head (from the movie Grosse Pointe Blank). It was a disorienting but pleasant encounter.

http://www.amazon.ca/Simmons-511304-RedDot-3-MOA-Illuminated/dp/B004P8AFQW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361804183&sr=8-2
In keeping with spiritual boots to the head or cultural doubletakes I should relate another recent shopping experience.  I've been buying books from Amazon.ca for years.  Now I've been peripherally aware that Amazon sells more that just books but I hadn't been aware until recently the breadth of product offerings you can get.  I've bought Blu-Rays, CD's, books and I was peripherally aware that you could get some electronics.  Imagine my surprise when I was searching for a red dot scope for my Lee-Enfield and Amazon was in the search results.  I should be more specific, Amazon.ca showed up.  So I ended up buying a scope, electronic ear defenders and a range bag on Amazon.ca.  Kudos to Amazon.ca for selling to firearms owners.

Amazon is starting to remind me of Buy-N-Large the fictional company from the Pixar film WALL.E.  When I can buy firearms from Amazon.ca the only thing holding off the apocalypse will be the fact that Pestilence always calls in sick and Famine is on the world's longest lunchbreak.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite and erudite comments by