More text

Nothing says "I Love You, Dear" like screaming lower back pain!

Sometimes Wrong but rarely in doubt!

22 April 2013

Musing on Tacticool Stuff

As an engineer being practical is something more than just design philosophy.  I don't buy stuff just because it's cool.  Each tool in my workshop has a definite purpose and gets used.  I don't buy them just to have and to hold them.  When it comes to building my tactical 870 shotgun everything has a purpose.  I bought the sidesaddle shell carrier with picatinny rail because looked at the ergonomics of reloading during a course of fire and I wanted the reloads on the receiver not on the stock.  I've allways looked at the various heat shields for shotguns and quietly chuckled.

Until I burnt my hand on the barrel of of my 870 on Friday.  After a dozen rounds downrange the damn barrell gets HOT!  Coolness factor may be a good thing especially in a heat shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite and erudite comments by