More text

Nothing says "I Love You, Dear" like screaming lower back pain!

Sometimes Wrong but rarely in doubt!

26 October 2016

It's Been Awhile

Three years ago I started a new job.  It marked the end of blogging as I no longer had the time to write.

In a couple of months I'm leaving that job and starting my own company.  I had always told my colleagues that if I started my own company I'd call it TANSTAAFL  Engineering. I was introduced to TANSTAAFL in Robert Heinlein's book THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS. For those not in the know it means' There ain't no such thing as a free lunch". Although the sentiment is about business it's true in engineering as well. Most engineering decisions are about trade-offs and many of those engineering decisions are governed by economics.

I thought long and hard about and even considered variations like TANST2AL. In the end Mrs. Bugbear said that the variations were all too long so I've shortened the acronym to A2FL (Ain't A Free Lunch).

I hope to have the business licence in hand in 4 weeks and I need to open a corporate bank account, arrange internet service, buy software and a computer. Then it'll be time to open doors and start scrambling for projects.

Hopefully I'll have even less time to blog :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite and erudite comments by