More text

Nothing says "I Love You, Dear" like screaming lower back pain!

Sometimes Wrong but rarely in doubt!

10 January 2012

Lime Margarita Jelly

Years ago my friends and I used to gather together to watch the Superbowl.  The first year that we did, was the last year that we ordered Dirty Bird (KFC).  In the subsequent years we made fajitas and lime margaritas.  Now it's been a few years since we last got together but with the Superbowl approaching I found myself waxing nostalgic for Lime Margaritas.  Since I'm in a jelly making phase lately I decided to make some Lime Margarita Jelly.

Overall, I'm pleased with the results, the jelly tastes just like the lime margaritas that Ken, Rob and Kevin managed to perfect over the course of a few fajita dinners.  

Don't be eating my Lime Margarita Jelly on toast in the morning though...you might get charged with driving over the legal limit.

On a related note, my first foray into making jelly was to modify a Chai Tea Jelly recipe (see Spice Tea Jelly).  On the weekend my mother and father were entertaining two other couples.  The girlfriend of one of my dad's childhood friends is the head chef in a restaurant.  My mother served my Spice Tea jelly with cream cheese as an hors d'oeuvre.  Apparently the chef liked the recipe so much she made Mom write it down.  Yes, my elbow is sore again from patting myself on the back.

If you're looking for the Lime Margarita Jelly recipe, I'll be posting it next week on McBugbear's Kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite and erudite comments by